Iran President speaks at Columbia


"Iran's president wanted to lay a wreath at Ground Zero, but his critics said, 'No, no. You are trying to exploit Ground Zero for political gain, and that is Rudy Giuliani's job.'" --Bill Maher

I started wading through all of the hundreds of news pieces offered up by Google News, covering the Iranian president's speech at Columbia and realized how terribly biased most of them seemed to be. I've given up on most US press and now, I'm afraid the BBC is also suspect. Finally, I came across the best site to take in what was discussed. It's the official transcript. I also found a lot of the comments at Salon.com fairly interesting. A lot of folks were criticizing Columbia University's president, Lee Bollinger, for railing on Mahmoud Ahmadinejad. The consensus was that Bollinger's preceding remarks were rude and insulting and were a poor way to treat a "guest".

My advice to those who want to learn about what was said is to read the transcript. Otherwise, you'll just be subjected to an editorial.

0 comments: